Although cold and flu season seems far away, there are steps you can take to monitor your industrial air filters and systems now to prevent problems later. Colds, influenza and other viruses can be easily spread in commercial buildings where air tends to re-circulate and windows don’t open. Such buildings depend heavily on clean, high-quality industrial air filters to keep everyone healthy.
Industrial Air Filters Check-Up
Give your industrial air filters a check-up along with your entire HVAC system now to prevent the spread of viruses in your building.
Take a look at the following:
- Look at your current filters. Is there any sign of moisture or mold on? If so, look carefully at your system. You’ll want to figure out where the moisture is coming from.
- Use a flashlight to see into the ductwork in your HVAC system. Are there any puddles or pools of standing water? These are prime breeding grounds for mold, bacteria and viruses. Any sign of water needs prompt attention.
- Check the drains on your HVAC system. Clogged drains can lead to water pooling and backing up into the system.
- Buildings with flat roofs can collect pools of standing water. If these pools are near your air intake vents, the water can harbor microorganism. The spores can be released into air intake vents and contaminate the system.
- Upgrade your industrial air filters. Replace your current filters with high-efficiency filters.
- Select replacement filters based on the types of particles you want to remove.
In addition to taking steps to prevent contaminants from getting into the system, anyone changing dirty filters should wear disposable cut-resistant gloves. Washing hands thoroughly after changing dirty industrial air filters can also keep your staff from getting sick and spreading germs throughout the building.
If you need industrial air filters, come to Twin City Filter Service. Twin City Filter Service is a Twin Cities filter and belt company offering great prices, friendly service, and fast shipping. We ship same day to customers coast to coast, and offer next day delivery in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota and North Dakota. Twin City Filter Service may be reached at (612) 721-4000.